Dear parents and carers,
We hope your child enjoyed their first full week back at school and that you have all had a restful weekend.
Each week we will send a weekly letter home on a Monday via Parentmail. This letter will also be published on the Year 3 page of the school website along with that week’s homework and any resources needed for this. We will also send hard copies of the homework home with the children.
We hope you all received the first weekly letter (dated 4th September) regarding key information about life in Year 3. Please see a summary below in case you have missed this:
- PE lessons will be on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please send your child into school wearing their PE kit on these days each week. Both of these PE lessons will take place outdoors while the good weather continues.
- Homework will be set every Monday and will need to be completed and handed in on the following Monday, giving children a whole week to complete it. We ask that the children read every evening.
- Spelling words will be sent home every Monday and tested the following Monday. The children should be completing the spelling sheet every night in the appropriate column, using their best handwriting. These spelling sheets need to be kept at home. The children can practice their spellings on J2e – Spell Blaster. We will show the children how to use and access this on My USO.
- Times tables can be practiced regularly using TT Rockstars. We will also introduce this to the children in school so they know how to logon and use this program.
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school every day as the drinking fountains are not available at the moment. Also, please send your child in with a healthy snack for break time as the school does not provide a snack in the juniors.
This week we are continuing with our topic Rocks and Soils and are starting our new core text in English, ‘The Pebble in my Pocket’. In maths we are also continuing to focus on place value within numbers to 1000, ordering and comparing 3-digit numbers.
We would like the children to complete the following homework this week to be completed by next Monday (21/09/20):
- Reading every evening and recording this in their Home School Diary. This can be recorded by you or your child.
- Learn 2F spelling list for spelling test on Monday 21st September – please keep all spelling sheets at home during the year. These are also for the children to practise their handwriting on. They should practise their spellings daily on this sheet.
- Explore and play Times Table Rockstars. This program is designed to help your child learn their times tables. As teachers, we have access to the system and can monitor the children’s progress and set appropriate times tables for your child to practise. The children have been shown how to use TTRockstars at school. It can be accessed through MyUSO with your child’s MyUSO login. These details can be found on a sticker in your child’s Home School Diary.
- Find a special pebble and bring it to school by Monday 21st September.
Thank you for your continued support,
Miss Bayman and Miss Paish – 3BP
Mr Kent – 3K