Friday 29th January 2021
Well done on another great week of Home Learning. We’ve really enjoyed seeing all of your work on MyUSO and pieces that have been handed in. Home Learning for next week can be found below. We will continue to work on The Great Fire of London as our topic and will look at length and measure in Maths. The Weekly Learning Grid has links to all of the recorded lessons, resources and PowerPoints you will need.
- Starting on Monday (1st February) we will be starting an optional morning register every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. These will start at 8:55am. Please wait for us to start the meeting. The first 5 minutes will allow the children to talk to members of their class. From 9am the class teacher will join for a quick morning register and catch up. Please have paper and a pencil available
- Our weekly calls on Wednesday will continue to take place at the following times. Please wait for us to start the meetings.
2N Red Group – 1:30 2PR Red Group – 1:30
2N Orange Group – 2:00 2PR Orange Group – 2:00
Next week is National Story Telling Week. To celebrate this we would like children to talk about their favourite book. If you have a copy of the book at home they can also bring this to show the group as well. We will end the call by reading our favourite story to the children.
- We will be starting to look at length and measurement in Maths. If you do not have access to a 30cm ruler and a tape measure please let us know by email by 8am on Monday 1st and we will lend you these. They will available to collect with your child’s reading books. You can also use the PDF print outs available as an alternative.
- New reading books will be ready to collect on Monday 1st February between 9:30am and 10am. Please remember to return completed books during this time as well. During this time we would also like you to bring into school any work that has been completed at home. Please ensure that it is clearly labelled with your child’s name and class. We will then keep this work in school. If you are unable to collect reading books, please email and let us know.
- Continue to log into www.activelearnprimary.co.uk using your child’s MyUSO log in details and the school code – arca, to read allocated BugClub books. Do not include any ‘#’ in your password. Remember to click on the ‘Bug’ to answer questions on what you are reading.
- If you are unable to print any of the resources at home please send an email to the year 2 email address before 8:00 am on Monday 1st and we will make packs available for you to collect with your child’s new reading books.
- For those of you that requested paint after completing Ms Van den Broek's survey, they will be ready to collect with reading books on Monday 1st.
Thank you for all of your hard work this week. Remember we will be logged into Microsoft Teams chat daily between 9:30 and 11:30 to answer any questions you have. Outside of those times you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Miss Nichols, Mrs Patterson and Mrs Renahan