Friday 29th January 2021
Dear Year 1,
Well done for another great week of home learning. We loved reading all the children's Traditional Tales and were so impressed by how hard they worked on them. Thank you for continuing to upload your children's work- it is wonderful to see all the amazing things the children are doing at home. We especially enjoyed hearing about one of everyone's many talents today.
Apologies in advance for the long letter this week but we have some changes being made. We have written in bullet points to hopefully make it easier to take in.
- Morning Virtual Sessions- Starting on Monday (1st February) we will be starting an optional morning Microsoft Teams session every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. These will start at 9:15am. Please wait for us to start the meeting. The first 5 minutes will allow the children to talk to members of their class. We will be providing the children with whiteboards and pens at book collection on Monday. Please ensure your child has a pencil and paper for the first session.
- Our weekly calls on Friday will continue to take place. The timings and groups will remain the same this week. Please wait for us to start the meetings. Next week is National Story Telling Week. To celebrate this we would like children to talk about their favourite book. If you have a copy of the book at home they can also bring this to show the group as well. We will end the call by reading our favourite story to the children.
- We have changed the videos children will be using for phonics each day. The children should continue to click on the link in the Weekly Home Learning Grid but this will now take you to Espresso. You will need to log in. The Espresso username is student22947 and the password is acps1842 These videos are shorter but include the key learning. Where we haven't used an Espresso video, we have recorded a shorter phonics lesson. Each phonics lesson now has a corresponding worksheet. The activity sheet for each phonics lesson has been printed off to collect with reading books as well as newly designed handwriting sheets.
- Next week is Children's Mental Health Week. To support this Mr Bowie has given the children a PE challenge for each day- we hope the children enjoy these. We have also included a couple of other activities on the timetable.
- New reading books will be ready to collect on Monday 1st February between 9:30am and 10am. Please remember to return completed books during this time as well. If you are unable to collect reading books, please email and let us know.
- If you are unable to print any of the resources at home please send an email to the Year 1 email address before 8:00 am on Monday 1st February and we will make packs available for you to collect with your child’s new reading books.
- If your child is finding anything difficult, you aren't sure what to prioritise or any other queries, please send us an email and we can help you with advice on how to best support your child.
As we approach February, and as parents ourselves, we understand the challenges of home learning. Please do not hesitate to get in touch and let us know if you have any questions.
Wishing you a restful weekend,
Mrs Mulberry and Mr Bowie