Dear Year 6,
Welcome to Week Six of Home Learning. As we head into the last week of spring term one, we’d just like to say how well you have all done during this period of home learning; we are very proud of the effort you have put into your tasks. So keep up the good work this week and then enjoy a well-deserved half-term break.
Things to think about this week:
- Spelling Test this week. On Thursday, there will be a half term spelling test. It will include the spelling patterns we have learnt this half term in the spelling lessons, tricky words from Years 3-5 and the strip of 6C words. So start revising now! Spelling sheets are: silent letters, ‘ough’ words and plurals. The spelling test will not be in group meetings as I said in last week’s letter – we thought some people might possibly let their friends know which words to learn!
- Internet Safety Day – Tuesday 9th Feb. Use the links on the timetable to explore the activities and take the quiz.
- CGP Papers this week. Please complete Set A – Paper 2 Maths this week for homework.
- This week, please upload as a minimum, two pieces of marked maths, your home schooling Discussion Text and one other piece of work. However, please make sure all work you don’t upload is completed too and kept safely, to bring back to school when we return.
- Bug Club – We have given you some online books to read. Find Bug Club on your resources on MyUSO. Use your Abacus login to access it. Select ‘My Stuff’ and you will see your books. Please click on the bugs and answer the questions as you read. We will check to see how you are doing – you don’t have to read both this week!
- Nessy spelling (for some children) At least twice a week. Let us know if you have any problems.
- Schofield and Sims Don’t forget to do a page. Mrs Taylor and Mr Bowen’s groups – could you send us a message on TEAMs with your book number and the page numbers of answers that you need.
- First News – digital edition available to read on the website.
Have an excellent week. We look forward to seeing you online.
Mr Bowen, Mrs Taylor and Mrs Archibald