National Storytelling Week
Children's Mental Health Week
Dear Year 6,
Welcome to Week Five of Home Learning. ‘Pinch, punch, first day of the month!’
Well done for working very well last week; excellent, creative work on those rather scary suspense stories. Mr Bowen and I have had to hide behind our desks as we read them.
Things to think about this week:
- National Storytelling Week – This week is National Storytelling Week. In your group video chats with us, we would like you to have a short story ready to tell. You can read a short story if you are happier doing that than telling one. It only needs to be a couple of minutes long.
- Bug Club – We have given you some online books to read. Find Bug Club on your resources on MyUSO. Use your Abacus login to access it. Select ‘My Stuff’ and you will see your books. Please click on the bugs and answer the questions as you read. We will check to see how you are doing – you don’t have to read both this week!
- Nessy spelling (for some children) At least twice a week. Let us know if you have any problems.
- This week, please upload as a minimum, two pieces of marked maths, your owl poem and one other piece of work. However, please make sure all work you don’t upload is completed too and kept safely, to bring back to school when we return.
- Schofield and Sims Don’t forget to do a page. Mrs Taylor and Mr Bowen’s groups – could you send us a message on TEAMs with your book number and the page numbers of answers that you need.
- Spelling Test next week. In your group video chats next week, there will be a half term spelling test. It will include the spelling patterns we have learnt this half term in the spelling lessons, tricky words from Years 3-5 and the strip of 6C words. So start revising now!
- First News – digital edition to read on the website.
Have a very good week. We look forward to seeing you online.
Mr Bowen, Mrs Taylor and Mrs Archibald