Y4 Remote Learning w/b 5th January 2021
Dear Y4 Parents,
Happy New Year! Not quite the start to the New Year we were all hoping for! However, we all hope you have had a lovely break and we are hoping the remote learning will only be for the next two weeks and all children will be back in school soon.
Firstly, thank you so much for your very generous vouchers and gifts, we felt very spoilt.
Our apologies for the lengthy letter this week, there is a lot to cover. We hope the planning in place is easily accessible for all, however any feedback you have please let us know via the Y4 email address. For more information on our Remote Learning Policy, please follow this link: remote-learning-policy-2020.pdf (primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com)
To support the children with their remote learning:
- We have created a visual timetable for the children to follow each day with set timings for lessons and breaks; this will hopefully support them when working from home and also with their transition back into school.
- Each day will start with a class registration with their class teacher who will talk through the work set for the day. Please make sure your child knows how to mute and unmute themselves.
- We have timetabled two slots a day where your child can login into Microsoft Teams to get online support from one of the Y4 class teachers to discuss any problems they might be having with the work set through the chat channel.
- On the timetable and in the PowerPoints we have highlighted the tasks to be completed and which pieces of work need to be uploaded onto J2e for us to mark and give feedback.
- As before, teachers will use the speech bubble format in J2e to give feedback.
- Some of the PowerPoints have slides with a voice-over to help clarify the information and also sound buttons where the child can click to have the text read to them.
- As Miss Lambe mentioned in her email, there is a pack of work to be collected from school which contains some of the resources children will need this week and next. Importantly, their spellings and reading comprehension materials are included in this. Please make sure your child completes the appropriate work set for the week/day.
- For each class we have created 3 teams where we can have smaller groups to chat to the children and also do small group teaching if required.
- As before encourage your child to chat and communicate with their friends via the J2e message. Please remind your child to use this platform respectfully and it will be closely monitored by teachers.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing the children at 8:45 tomorrow for our online register and morning discussion on Microsoft Teams.
With best wishes,
The Y4 Team