At Archdeacon we aim to:
• Encourage children to lead healthy and physically active lives
• Develop an awareness of how eating healthily and being physically active are important
• Encourage children to participate in a number of sporting activities, developing a sense of self-awareness of their own skills as an individual and as part of a team
• Give children the opportunity to try and participate in a number of different sporting activities
• Encourage children to be active participants in their own sporting development
• Enable children to compete in a variety of activities at intra and inter school level
The school has used its Sport Premium funding to upskill staff to provide high quality PE lessons throughout the school. We have implemented a new scheme of work Real PE which allows children from Nursery to Year 6 to have clear progression of fundamental movement skills. The training and new scheme have been successful in developing the physical, social, creative, personal and cognitive areas of development needed to be physically literate for all our children. The Sport Premium funding supports us in our goal to improve the quality of P.E. provision throughout the school through further staff training opportunities, and to increase the quantity and range of sport on offer at our school. Sports week has given all children the opportunity to experience a variety of new sports and demonstrates the school’s commitment to encourage the children to lead healthy and active lives.
Further funding has been spent on specific training and resources that focus on the teaching of core movement skills that underpin all future learning in PE lessons and extra-curricular activities. The school has also been able to further supplement the sports equipment and resources. To see the breakdown of the school’s Sport Premium expenditure please see attached documents.
The Sports Premium Strategy for 2017-18 is currently being updated as at 16.10.17